HE must become Greater and I must become less

Join me in My Attempt to Dance upon Injustice



Thursday, April 14, 2011

On the Move

In 2010 I went to 22 States. To be exact it was May-December of 2010. That is excessive.

In May I was in a wedding in Mississippi(2) that entailed a bachelorette party in New Oreleans, Lousisanna(3).{Lay over in Texas(4)} The wedding was for 2 of my dear friends that I got to live with in South Africa. I watched their love begin and it was a blessing to get to be involved in the wedding. I also got to meet all of hte poeple in their lives that we talked about so much. To top it off I got to see 5 other people I lived with in Africa.



In the 2010 I made the trip to Illinois(5) a dozen or so times. Illinois is my homeland, and also the location of my childhood camp, Camp Adeline. I spend a couple weeks a year there helping, growing, and learning in some capacity there.

In July I got the opportunity to go to Canada for the first time. Every year a group of people from HU go to Canada to camp with some Canadian HU alumn and their friends. This year I made the cut and got to embark on 4 days camping in Bon Echo Provincial park with some great people. Everyday consisted of, cards, swimming, kayaking, sleeping, hiking, and eating the best camp food ever. oh and we drove through Michigan(6)

In September I had the privaledge of going on an epic(and I dont use this word much) road trip with my best friends. We started out driving through Ohio(7) to get to Pennsylvania(8) to hang out with my other best friend and her husband in Philly. After spending 2 days in Philly we ventured to New Jersey(9)Connecticut(10) Rhode Island(11) and landed in Massachusets(12). Boston was great, and new friends were made and If I loved winter more I would move there. From Boston went Maine(13) where we saw lighthouses, ate lobster, and spent time with another friend. Maine led us to meeting more new people and climbing a mountain with them in New Hampshire(14). After NH, came our descent home, going through the foothills in Vermont(15) and Niagra Falls In New York(16). After 7 days of greatness It was good to be home.



In october I was able to travel to see a friend and future roommate Hillary House, with two good friends. Road trips... I can't get enough of them. We drove down through Kentucky(17), and Tennessee(18) and say my great Nashville friends and ate some classic Caribbean food. We drove through Alabama(19) and saw the falls and landed in good ole Atlanta Georgia(20). That trip was so relaxing. I was with great people and was able to experience true hospitality. Hillary's host family has money, but gives so much. For so long I thought having money is a curse, but was finally able to see that it isn't always bad.



In November I was able to travel with my family and Darron's family to see my Sister Becca stage managage the play....Wait for it.. Klingon Christmas Carol. We drove through Wisconsin(21) and ended up in St. Paul Minnesota(22). Both of our families are weird, and it was an absolute blast to spend a couple days together acting like trekies.



I love to be on the move, I love to see new places and meet new people. However, I have come to realize more and more that I also love where I live and the people I already know. As I prepare to move away from the place and people I love it saddens me. My life of moving around constantly has prepared me for this. Huntington ties Lacon for the longest I've ever lived in a town and thats only 6 years. I thought that this fact would make it easier to leave Huntington... but it doesn't. Am I always going to live like this. Already in 2011 I've been in 5 states and in the next month will add 4 more and 2 more countries. Will I always be on the go, is this necessarily a bad thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment